Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Beginning

On January 1st, 2011 my wife and I began our Debt Free Dive. Our history of debt and poor financial decisions was long, and we are young, so we've got quite a mess to cleanup, but there is hope! I was inspired by a guy you may know, Dave Ramsey, who preaches "Debt is dumb, cash is king" backed by biblical principals such as Proverbs 22:7 which says "The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower becomes the lender s slave". Before we began our Debt Free Dive we certainly felt like slaves to the borrower, and I certainly bought into all the lies about "You'll have loans your entire life, that's just the way it is" or "You'll always have a car payment" and "Credit Cards a good because they help you build credit". How ignorant I was! Maybe you can relate?

The reason I'm starting this blog is because I think I do things a little differently than others out there in managing our money, and I wanted an opportunity to share some of our family's practices in hopes that it could help someone else out there. With that said, here's a little introduction to what this blogging series will be like:



So, we'll be sharing things like our weekly budgets, money management tools, and stories of how tackling our debt has both blessed and challenged us. Subscribe to this blog, and to the Debt Free Dive YouTube Channel, to follow along on this journey.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your snowball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! It's going to be "Fun" !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a video blogger!!!!!!!!!! super!!!!!! I am working on a video blog series *debt free & the city* and I can't wait to do my first video!!

    u guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Divine - can't wait to see your video blog!

    ReplyDelete